WoD Scripts

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

WoD Scripts

Post by Wolfsong » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Are WoD scripts public? Like is there a github I can go and download them all at?

Agata
Developer

Re: WoD Scripts

Post by Agata » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 pm

I haven't set that up yet, but I will.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Awesome, I can't wait =D

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:58 am

I do remember seeing a pol wod scripts at the pol site.Not sure how old these are.But if you are bored. https://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2730
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 am

It's VERY old and the guy who did that porting had no idea of what he was doing. I originally intended to use it as base for porting the scripts to POL 099, but in the end I dropped it entirely in order to keep my sanity. I repeat, the guy had no idea of what he was doing, he was evidently NOT a programmer, not even an average scripter. If you are at least an average scripter, the level of cringe inducing things he did will make you want to hit him on the face with a baseball bat.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am

He sounds like a programmer I knew of. You would change one detail in a subroutine and it would break 50 more because nothing was separate. Needless to say it was one big mess!
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:24 am

Not to that degree, but I will give you one example of things he did...
POL 095 is not "realm aware", so it only uses the Felucca map. The function to move an item to a specific location is:

Code: Select all

MoveItemToLocation( item, x, y, z, flags )
On POL 098, there is realm awareness, you can access Felucca, Trammel, Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno, Ter Mur... so the function to move items was changed, as it now has the "realm" parameter. The POL 098 documentation shows the definition of the function like this:

MoveObjectToLocation( object, x, y, z, realm := _DEFAULT_REALM, flags := MOVEOBJECT_NORMAL )
So, what he did on the WoD scripts was replace the MoveItemToLocation() calls with MoveObjectToLocation(), but in the realm parameter he put the complete "realm := _DEFAULT_REALM" string, like this:

MoveObjectToLocation( item, destx, desty, destz, realm := _DEFAULT_REALM, flags := MOVEOBJECT_NORMAL )

Had he known what he was doing, he would have AT LEAST done something like this instead:

MoveObjectToLocation( item, destx, desty, destz, _DEFAULT_REALM, MOVEOBJECT_NORMAL )
Or even create a proper destrealm variable with the desired realm.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:53 pm

Hah, tell us how you really feel, Agata. :)

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:30 am

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:23 am

And so it begins :geek: