Body Decay Rate

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Body Decay Rate

Post by Chala » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 pm

So I went afk today to get my kids and while i was running a macro i died, not going to get into it because im not even sure how it even happened. But this brought the point to my attention, the body decay has to be around 15-20 mins, since i was gone for about 35 mins, where i was is about 10 mins into my script, and im not sure how long my body had been decayed for. Is there a way we can extend this, 15-20 seems rather short for body decay.

So my second point, i got back in time to grab all my stuff off the ground, but when my body decayed all my armor and clothing went with it, why dont these items drop in the pack with the rest of the items so that even with the short body decay you have a little longer to get them before they decay. As it is basically after 20 mins you loose all of your armor and clothing because it dosnt drop to your body.

Agata
Developer

Re: Body Decay Rate

Post by Agata » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:31 am

Well, for starters, this shard was designed to punish afk miners/lumberjacks/fishers and any other "farming" activity, have that in mind when afk mining/lumberjacking/fishing. It's designed to help you do those activities without using macro tools, but in an attended way, that is, you are meant to be fully aware that a powerful monster might spawn randomly and possibly kill you if you just stand there.

The main idea is, if your character is online you should be playing, not leaving your computer doing unattended gold/ore/wood/whatever farming.

There is a 20 minute delay before a player/pet corpse decays. Your body doesn't decay if there are less than 3 people online. If there are less than 5 people online, there is another 5 minute delay before decaying. That is plenty of time to ask for help and recover the body. On official UO shards, player corpses turn into bones in 7 minutes, and the bones decay in another 7 minutes.

For the items, there is a routine which goes through all the items and drops them on the ground before destroying the corpse. If you were wearing armor and it disappeared, then it didn't decay, it was stolen, probably by the one who killed you.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:45 am

I thought afk macro was legal here 😯

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 am

Macroing in general is legal. AFK resource farming is not prosecuted, but the shard scripts are designed to discourage it, although they don't make it utterly impossible.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:51 am

What's legal and what's prudent are not always the same thing. :twisted:

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Afk macroing is not illegal,but is only as good as your scripting ability. Any farming will have chance for random mobs to attack.However,there are times that player killers will come out and kill you and take your stuff. But wait pkers are against our rules.Yes they are and It is up to the shard players to take care of them.This is a player policed shard,we take care of pkers.Yes they are still here.We took one out a couple months ago.Also sometimes other players might train in mobs behind them not knowing that you are afking.
Also sometimes seers get bored and spawn mobs near afkers for fun. Back when I had dial up if ping was bad.I had a macro for fishing near the shore that would gate me and fish and continue where there was fish.I would also change weapons to take out the mobs that were spawned,then continue my fishing.Luckly I also had a sub program looking at mana and health.If close to death or trouble would recall back to top floor of house. One night after macro fishing I logged in to my house and there was a full spawn of dragons completely surrounding my house.At that point I knew that a seer was taking interest in me.That was fun. Just saying afk macroing comes with risk if done outdoors.Inside of house is the only safe place.I miss having random spawns at or in my house.I wish I could remember which GM it was but every raid he would say Kranisar I am coming to kill you next! That was always fun.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:10 am

Kranisar Loranah wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:34 pm However,there are times that player killers will come out and kill you and take your stuff. But wait pkers are against our rules.Yes they are and It is up to the shard players to take care of them.This is a player policed shard,we take care of pkers.Yes they are still here.We took one out a couple months ago.
This isn't like Ack. If anyone is PKing, please msg me and I will take care of it.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:34 am

Well that last player wasn't technically a pk'er yet. Said player was attacking another player.
Laephis, I know we are supposed to contact admins or gm's when a rule has been broken. Though we are always fair to warn the person, many times to play nice. And warn player yet again. And again and again. Then boom that pker is now dead. If pker says sorry, said player may get stuff back. WOD rules and Ack rules are the same. Ack manual/rules for the longest time was pointed to the WOD manual. I have spent more time here on WOD though . And both servers have had their share of hackers and pk'ers. I was one of the unlucky ones to get my account wiped out.
The only time I remember that a gm was called is because the pk'er wanted his stuff back. This person pk'd 8 other players that time and WOD players took over, by the time it was over he wished he hadn't. Just saying that if somebody messes with other WOD players, we can take care of our own though.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:56 am

Ok, just want folks to know it's OK to send a message if any assistance is needed. :)

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:59 am

Agreed. We should tell you. Besides you can bring some popcorn and enjoy the show😀