Mana stoning between races.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Mana stoning between races.

Post by Tamanier » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Ive had a few issues with mana-stoning magic items meant for one race for another.
Agata, you know of the first time when my gargoyle glasses i changed to elf glasses stopped working after a few days giving me the "This item is not meant for your race" error.
Thank you for fixing them, however since then both the glasses that were made the same way have stopped working again.
And also a pair of pants i changed to a gargoyle half apron.
Each item worked at first, and I believe they "break" after a shard reset. I'm not 100% sure but i noticed a bit of a correlation, Each time i noticed them being broken the day after i remember a reset happening.
I also have a shirt that i changed to a gargoyle sash at the same time i did the pants/apron. It didnt break, but i think the difference is that i was wearing it during the reset, where as each of the other 3 items were in my backpack.

If you need any more information let me know, all 3 broken items are in the top of my bank box if you need to have a look.
Thanks
Tamanier, Be'lal, Shaitan, Asha'man, Haliax, Thomandron, Perrin

Agata
Developer

Re: Mana stoning between races.

Post by Agata » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:07 pm

Well, I guess the "moral" of the story is not to manastone between items for different races for now. Also please don't change items for one slot with items for a different slot. Neither of that was ever meant to be. In fact, it should be blocked, but I didn't do so because I didn't think people would be exploiting that bug so much.

It's a bug and you should not be doing that. I will fix it, meaning I will add more checks to make sure it blocks those kinds of actions and only allows manastoning between items for the same race and equip layer.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Sorry i dint realize it was exploiting anything, if i had i wouldn't have done it. Since the slots on the gargoyles are a bit different i didn't realize they weren't meant to be interchangeable. I thought since gargoyles didnt have pants or shirts the apron and sash were the "same" slot on them.
I thought the first time was a one time glitch otherwise i wouldn't have attempted it again as well.

Ill just save up my bensons to use on my gargoyle now then rather then trying to scrape old items together to make it work. Thanks :)
Im loving the gargoyle character so far!

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:07 am

Don't worry, there will be no punishment, but it doesn't work properly because the only thing manastoning does is change the graphic and rename the item.

The only ones in which a new item is created is when using it on virtue shields, lich staves and druid staves.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:21 am

Ah k, that makes sense. I could see how that would cause issues with the race-specific items.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:24 am

I forgot to mention that i also did a cloak to leather wing armor manastone last night as well, like you had suggested the other day.
Any idea if i'm right that it wont break if i don't take it off during a reset? Its a great buff so i don't think ill ever take it off, but I'd hate to have it break.
If having it is exploiting anything though ill turn it in.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:46 pm

I thought mana stoning was limited to only weapons and armor only.No clothing allowed to be stoned.Would be nice if we could.Other wise,I would not be running around in a dress, I would stone it to a robe.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun May 13, 2018 2:10 am

Wing armor can be crafted exceptional and uses the Cloak layer. Mana Stoning requires an exceptional target item.