How do we get people to read these Forums...

Discussion about the WoD
Atei
Reputable
Reputable

How do we get people to read these Forums...

Post by Atei » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:27 pm

...and the manual, too?

I had some ideas and I would like to get some input from my fellow WoDians to help hash them out.

First, the problem (as I see it): these forums and the manual could be being used/viewed for more than they are being used/viewed, especially by the newer players. In the "before times" these forums were a bustling community all on their own, and if ever the shard were down we knew we had the forums to turn to for updates and to share information. I know that part of the issue is that we simply don't have the same volume of players as we did in the past. What I am trying to accomplish will probably take time and patience and a lot of hard work; however, in the end, people will hopefully come to these forums as often as possible and will learn to rely on them and the manual to answer most any question.

Here are my proposed solutions, and please forgive me in advance if these aren't technically possible:

1.) We have the town criers and they can be given new instructions, as needed, when the Queen or another member of the Royal Family needs to let the population know of events or circumstances. Instead of them always saying "no news is good news" what if they were programmed cleverly, to remain in character, to direct people to these boards and or the manual?

2.) Could we have an actual bulletin board in the towns that would link directly to these boards or the manual? That way someone could be in game and go to the boards or manual simply by clicking on the bulletin board.

3.) As a way to introduce people to the boards/manual I was thinking we could do a scavenger hunt for items in the boards and manual. This would be for all players but primarily directed at the newest members of the WoD family. Upon successful completion of the scavenger hunt the player character would receive some kind of award (I was thinking an exceptional fancy shirt that could be then Bensoned or something along those lines). We wouldn't want to make it too uber but still have it be enough of an incentive that people will take the time to do the scavenger hunt. Of course they could only do it once, too.

So there they are--the bare bones of ideas. What does everyone think?

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Vincent Tel'Imoen
Upstanding
Upstanding

Re: How do we get people to read these Forums...

Post by Vincent Tel'Imoen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Is the problem that people aren't reading the forum or that they're not posting on the forum?

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Re: How do we get people to read these Forums...

Post by Atei » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Vincent Tel'Imoen wrote:Is the problem that people aren't reading the forum or that they're not posting on the forum?
I guess the problem is that there is a general lack of activity on the Boards. I'm not sure that it is really a problem, per se, but I do think that we can't have enough interaction on the Boards.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832