Current progress on scripts conversion to POL 099

Discussion about the WoD
Agata
Developer

Current progress on scripts conversion to POL 099

Post by Agata » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:54 am

Hello

I am almost done with the conversion. Only the pkg\character, pkg\attributes and pkg\command are left to do, then I will dive a bit into the scripts\ folder and see if anything else needs patching up. It will be finished this weekend. Once this is done, things will need extensive testing before the server can be upgraded to POL 099 and to these new scripts. We will work heavily for a few weeks on that, we are currently arranging the details on how are we going to do the testing.

Currently there is no new content added except for the OSI Christmas deco, the new bows and the AoS weapons, but none of those are craftable yet. The Britannian Ship is also added, but it won't work with anything older than client 7.0.9.0, so you aren't likely to see them until we do all the arrangements necessary for the client upgrade. The server comes first, then at a later time the client. Currently POL 099 supports the latest OSI client patched all the way.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Vincent Tel'Imoen
Upstanding
Upstanding

Re: Current progress on scripts conversion to POL 099

Post by Vincent Tel'Imoen » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:20 am

With the new clients, will things like those popup menus for vendors, slots on the left side of the paperdoll GUMP and new ship controls work?

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 am

All of those are features of the new client. The slots on the left side of the paperdoll will work right away, they need no coding on the server. The popup menus for NPCs need a little work, but it's not difficult, it has been well documented. The new ship controls will also need work, first I need to figure out how to accomplish that on POL, I think there is no documentation for that yet.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:46 am

I finished the conversion a few minutes ago. Now the extensive testing shall begin. Stay tuned!