Adventures Guild writeup addition.

Discussion about the WoD
Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Adventures Guild writeup addition.

Post by Mack » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:35 pm

I wrote up a quick addition to the info already posted on the Adventures guild in the manual listing what quests are available/what monsters are part of what spawn and the best spots to find them. Hopefully this information will be useful to people looking to do AG quests or newer players.

Most of this information is taken from the scripts on github if you want specific numbers of how many of a quest usually asking they are listed there. https://github.com/agata-wod/wod/blob/9 ... _heads.cfg
Certain monsters are rarer than others and wind up acting as blockers which prevent you from getting quests for mobs that spawn in greater numbers I suggest you prioritize killing them and try to avoid taking their quests unless you feel like spending a lot of time hunting for them or have a cache of their heads already.

Which quests are available resets on server resets which happen every other day or so.

Orcs- Despise levels 1 and 2 warning to newer players the area around the lake has dragons and should be avoided unless you are very confident.
Orc Lord
Orc Dragon Defender
Orc Elite Warrior
Orc Captain
Orc Mage
Orc Master Mage
Orc Cleric

Lizardmen- Covetus generally lizardmen are easy to kill and the dungeon doesn't get dangerous until the final level/levels of the dungeon. They also spawn in the swamplands of T2A but Covetus usually winds up being much safer and convenient.
Lizardman Shaman
Lizardman Warlock- Blocker usually only spawns on the final level/levels and rarely in great numbers so I do not suggest taking this quest.
Lizardman marksman- quasi blocker due to archers being much more common.
Lizardman defender
Lizardman archer

Shabooli- Shabooli fort and the swamplands of T2A. I consider Shabooli to be the devil and never worth the effort of killing them and taking the quests for them.... some people are likely to disagree but just my opinion on them.

Shabooli Witch Doctor
Shabooli Warlock
Shabooli Hunter
Shabooli Archer
Shabooli Chieftan

Ratmen- Shame levels 1-2. One of my personal favorites due to only 3 possible quests and they give a lot of tickets despite being super easy to kill. Only downside is both warriors and marksmen require 10+ each hand in usually. Level 2 of shame has elementals and lesser wyrms which can be dangerous for new players though forewarning.
Ratman Warrior
Ratman Marksman
Ratman Lord

Trolls- Shame levels 3-4 as well as NE of Minoc. I find Trolls to be one of the best monsters to hunt due to okay gold/magic drop rates and they drop magic shovels for miners plus troll hides which inscriptionists can always use.
Troll Marksman
Troll Shaman
Troll Warlord

Vampires- Famine dungeon which has an entrance in the cave near Compassion shrine and Vesper Graveyard/Vesper. Personally I consider these to be the hardest of all AG quests so I do not suggest them for newer players. Silver weapons are highly recommended for hunting vampires due to the massive damage bonuses it provides.
Vampire Knight
Vampire lieutenant
Ancient Vampire
Vampire Lord
Undead Dragon- Quasi blocker these if left alone for multiple spawn cycles increase the density and power level of the spawn which is necessary if you want ancient vampires and vampire lords to spawn in the amount needed for quests.

Praetorians- South of the Sacrifice shrine has a small camp and SE of Trinsic normally has a spawn. Currently the Trinsic spawn is turned off so taking these quests is not advised.
Praetorian Knight
Praetorian Sergeant
Praetorian Captain
Praetorian General
Praetorian Lord

Cold/Ice monsters. Ice dungeon and the snow area of the lost lands which is accessible from a teleporter in the Ice Dungeon. Tokuno also has a small area but it is highly not recommended due to ladies of the Snow which are incredibly dangerous. Ice is usually one of the easier dungeons but the casters are scripted to be incredibly annoying more so than dangerous so lots of people avoid this dungeon/spawn.
Snow Orc Warrior
Snow Orc Lord- blocker I rarely see more than 2-3 if I kill the entire ice dungeon and the quest requires 2d3+2.
Ice Troll
Ice Skeleton
Frost Gargoyle- blocker nowhere near enough spawn compared to how many you need/how often the quest pops up.
Frost Gazer/Frigid eye
Ice Fiend- 3 are guaranteed to spawn in the second level of the dungeon which has an entrance in the NW of the first level of the dungeon. Be careful not to step on the death vortex in the room though.

Ophidians- Destard and around Cove/Cove orc fort or now Cove Ophidian fort. Warning to new players Ophidians are surprisingly dangerous due to hitting hard and using poison.
Ophidian Executioner
Ophidian Death Guard
Ophidian Magi
Ophidian Matriarch
Ophidian Queen

Undead- Undead have a lot of spawn areas but the two best areas are Deceit and if you are looking for caster types specifically the Fire Dungeon graveyard which is in my opinion the best place to find Blood Liches. Bring silver since it deals massive bonus damage to undead.
Bone Knight
Bone Mage
Bone Warlock
Lich Lord- Feels like a bit of a blocker to me due to normal liches and blood liches feeling more common/easy to find
Blood Lich

Fire/Overland spawns- Fire monsters have 4 spawn places Fire Dungeon, Deserts of T2A, Tokuno Volcano and around the Compassion shrine. Personally I usually go to the Compassion shrine area due to how easy it is to get to from the teleporter in Britain and it tends to have easy spawns. The overland Ogre Lord/Titan spawns are North and East of Yew and West of Wrong dungeon. You also have the option of Giant Valley in T2A which is SE of the entrance from Britain Sewers but that is generally more dangerous.
Flaming Skeleton- Usually the blocker since the quest requires 4d4+2 and nowhere near that many usually spawn.
Flame Gargoyle
Stone Gargoyle
Titan
Ogre Lord

Laephis
Administrator

Re: Adventures Guild writeup addition.

Post by Laephis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 am

Thanks, Mack! I've added this info to the manual:

http://www.theworldofdreams.com/manual/ ... .27s_Guild

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Re: Adventures Guild writeup addition.

Post by gemini » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 am

good work
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.