Mana stoning

Having a problem? Post it here.
Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Mana stoning

Post by Kale Greeneye » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

I tried to mana stone a skirt into a cloak today but was told I can do that unless it was exceptional. Since there is no exceptional clothing anymore, is there any other way I can do this? I wasn't sure i could do a skirt to cloak in the first place but it seems the only issue was the non exceptional thing.

Xanola
Admirable
Admirable

Re: Mana stoning

Post by Xanola » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 pm

mana stones are supposed to work to transfer one item onto another that occupies the same slot IIRC, it's a cosmetic change/ cheapish repair kit, do it shouldn't work like that if I'm right. but in answer to your actual question: no, there is not.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:11 pm

So I should still be able to mana stone it into something like a kilt? Even without it being exceptional it would work yes? Im going to try to into a half apron.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:29 am

So half apron didnt work, neither did long pants. Would the only thing be a kilt? I already have an indy kilt of resist, i really wanted this tempered tactics buff but a skirt isnt really my style :)

Edison
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Edison » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:16 am

It used to be possible to switch things around with bobby-bugfixer, if he is still around.

Hale
Notable
Notable

Post by Hale » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 am

I faced a similar problem a couple of weeks back and did some research. Based on the scripts, the source and destination items do not have to occupy the exact same slot, as long as they share a coverage zone (the zones being "Head", "Neck", "Body", "Legs/feet", "Arms" and "Hands"). Unfortunately, the only non-exceptional items that can be used are VG shields, druid and necro staves, orc helmets and bone armor, so there is currently no way of mana stoning something directly into a cloth item.

However, Bobby Bugfixer can help you here. There seems to be no mention of him in the manual, but he can be used to transform skill buff armor into clothing items. Drop a suitable piece of armor on him and he'll give you a list of possible pieces of clothing. Leather skirts and shorts make kilts and cloth skirts, leggings make long and short pants, chest pieces make shirts, fancy shirts, surcoats, doublets, tunics and full and half aprons, though for some reason he doesn't accept the male versions of plate, leather or studded armour. The first 10 times you do this are free, after that he'll charge you 10k gold each time.

So if you want that buff in a kilt, mana stone it into an exceptional leather skirt and give that to Bobby. If you want it in a pair of pants, use any exceptional leggings.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Perfect, that worked great thank you

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Well i brainfarted and put a sash into a studded tunic and now cant give to bobby bugfixer. is there a reason those 3 cant be given to him or can that be fixed? its my fault for not double checking.

Hale
Notable
Notable

Post by Hale » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:37 pm

I imagine it's a bug, since I see no reason for him not accepting those items, but this is a matter to be decided by the staff. Before it's addressed, though, you can still get the item changed by having a tailor change the gender of the item. However, there's a 1/1000 change the item will be destroyed in the process, so if it's an indy magery buff or something of the kind, you might want to wait and see :)