Invasion of Serpents Pass!

In-Character Discussion
Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Invasion of Serpents Pass!

Post by Chala » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:24 am

I was doing my usual patrol around the city with my loyal henchmen. As we were trotting along the cobblestone we heard cries for help, we rushed into the forest to see what was wrong, it was a patrol of guards, they had been ambushed by trolls, while they were dispatching them a group of vampires leaped from the shadows and working in sync with the trolls took the guards to their silent graves, they were not quick enough to dispatch us though, we took them down with our bows one by one till none remained. As i stood there watching the troll and vampire blood mix on the ground I shook with rage and fear, how could this be possible, how could creatures of such different ways join forces to do this? As we took off and met the land were the woods end and the mountain begins i quickly pulled the reins on my horse and discovered a sight of such shock and awe, hundreds of vampires and trolls being enslaved and commanded by praetorians and order of silence thugs. I knew now that a great evil was at work and if we didn't work fast the great town of Britain would be taken, and the last safe haven for the good would be gone.

I quickly drew my bow and with my henchmen galloped into the hoard, all of us firing arrow after arrow, taking down foe after foe, victory seemed at hand when I started to see vampire mages, and troll warlords joining forces with Order of silence thugs. It was a fierce battle but after many hours of blood battle, after my ax was blunted and my bow started splintering we had finally won the fight. I had found were they made camp and a great chest was discovered atop a guilded alter. I opened it to find a few powerful magic trinkets of the order of silence as well as the meaning behind the alliance between troll and vampire. I found a metal very precious to the troll, flawless gold, they prize this above all else and must have agreed to help for this price, but more to my surprise I found the Orb of Blood, the long lost relic that the vampires of vesper have sought after for over a decade. On top of these trinkets of power I found a chest, with a note attached, it was the chest containing the essence of artifacts, I quickly took the items and brought them to Britain to keep them out of reach of evil for now.

Once I arrived in Britain I met with a mage of great power, once the head of the mages tower next to brit bank, now a wanderer it was Connor. I showed him the Orb but he looked at it as if he already knew I would have it. He explained to me strange happenings of late, worlds connected and a great fiery volcano in a far off land that has rose just for the purpose of destroying this orb. He quickly gated us to the mountain of fire and brimstone and as he took the stone from me its power sang, I also didn't want to give it up, I wanted to take it and hide and never let it go, but I handed it to him and resisted its power. He took the stone and preformed an ancient ritual older than time itself. With a great burst of flame the orb was destroyed in the hatred of the mountain. He assured me that now that the stone has been released, the vampires will not bother vesper any more.