Player Setup for test server, please read

Discussion about the WoD
gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Re: Player Setup for test server, please read

Post by gemini » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:01 pm

*bangs head on table* I will try another day...
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Atei » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 am

I think I followed your directions but I have run into a couple of errors. The document is attached. Any help will be appreciated!
Attachments
WoD Errors.docx
Screen print of errors
(54.3 KiB) Downloaded 778 times

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:02 am

Ok, please answer ALL questions, not just one. I am unable to help otherwise.

1. What version of Windows do you have?
2. How many versions of Ultima Online do you have installed? Which versions are they?
3. Do the animinfo.mul and artidx.wod files exist inside your UO folder?
4. Where is nwodclient located? is it in your UO folder?
5. How exactly did you run nwodclient? Did you run it as Administrator? If so, does running it as a normal user give you the same error?
6. If you run the normal client.exe (not nwodclient), what version does it display? Also, does it give you the animinfo.mul error as well?
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:39 am

So i downloaded the client, did the patch, ran as admin, put the file you sent me in the folder and when i open the client it just says its an invalid account like its not created or just isnt recognizing it. any suggestions for what i did wrong? i have vista

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Atei » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Agata wrote:Ok, please answer ALL questions, not just one. I am unable to help otherwise.

1. What version of Windows do you have? Windows 7 Home Premium
2. How many versions of Ultima Online do you have installed? 2 Which versions are they? Gold and Classic
3. Do the animinfo.mul and artidx.wod files exist inside your UO folder? Yes on both
4. Where is nwodclient located? is it in your UO folder? It is in the same folder as the files in question 3
5. How exactly did you run nwodclient? Did you run it as Administrator? If so, does running it as a normal user give you the same error? (I am not sure what you mean by this question, sorry. I downloaded the files as a zip file and extracted them to the UO Classic folder and then ran the nwodclient. Nothing came up about Administrator or normal user.)
6. If you run the normal client.exe (not nwodclient), what version does it display? Age of Shadows Also, does it give you the animinfo.mul error as well? no, it goes right to the movie intro

--

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Atei » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Atei wrote:
Agata wrote:Ok, please answer ALL questions, not just one. I am unable to help otherwise.

2. How many versions of Ultima Online do you have installed? 2 Which versions are they? Gold and Classic
3. Do the animinfo.mul and artidx.wod files exist inside your UO folder? Yes on both
4. Where is nwodclient located? is it in your UO folder? It is in the same folder as the files in question 3
5. How exactly did you run nwodclient? Did you run it as Administrator? If so, does running it as a normal user give you the same error? (I am not sure what you mean by this question, sorry. I downloaded the files as a zip file and extracted them to the UO Classic folder and then ran the nwodclient. Nothing came up about Administrator or normal user.)
6. If you run the normal client.exe (not nwodclient), what version does it display? Age of Shadows Also, does it give you the animinfo.mul error as well? no, it goes right to the movie intro
I just right-clicked the nwodclient and chose the option to "run as an administrator" and I got the "artidx.wod" error again. Also, when I run the "wodpatch" I always get the error "verdata2.mul" is not recognized. Does that help?

--

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Kale Greeneye wrote:So i downloaded the client, did the patch, ran as admin, put the file you sent me in the folder and when i open the client it just says its an invalid account like its not created or just isnt recognizing it. any suggestions for what i did wrong? i have vista
There are two possibilities:
1. The server was probably down when you tested.
OR
2. You changed your password during or after november 19th and are trying to log in with the new password. In this case, use the old one.
Last edited by Agata on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Atei wrote:
Atei wrote:

I just right-clicked the nwodclient and chose the option to "run as an administrator" and I got the "artidx.wod" error again. Also, when I run the "wodpatch" I always get the error "verdata2.mul" is not recognized. Does that help?
About that "Age of Shadows", that's irrelevant, that splash screen changes depending on the last shard you logged in to. Once you log in to the test server once, you will always get a "High Seas Adventures" splash screen. What I want to know is the version numbers displayed in the login screen.

This is important to know. Please run the normal client.exe from the UO Classic again, check the numbers and post them, please.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Agata wrote: There are two possibilities:
1. The server was probably down when you tested.
OR
2. You changed your password during or after november 19th and are trying to log in with the new password. In this case, use the old one.
ahh it was likely the server wasnt up. ill just keep trying when i have the chance to play and one of the times itll work out :) thank you

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Atei » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Agata,

I was unable to add this to the previous post so here goes: UO Version 7.0.15.1 (Patch 51). Thanks again for all of your help.

--