Adventurers Guild

Having a problem? Post it here.
Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Adventurers Guild

Post by Chala » Mon May 13, 2013 3:57 am

Has anything been changed with the adventurers guild finding items quests?
I was finding them items pretty fast yesterday and no problems, but tonight i did 2 1st one i had to clear the bottom of hyloth 2x before the item appeared the 2nd time i cleared destard levels 2 and 3 2 times each and still never found my item.

While we are on this subject how does the item finding work, does it place the item on a random monster in that area, or is it a chance to find the item on a monster randomly like a magic?

Agata
Developer

Re: Adventurers Guild

Post by Agata » Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 am

For item quests, every monster within the quest area has a 1 in 10 chance to spawn the item. If you don't get it, you probably aren't killing enough monsters within the corresponding quest area. The monster has to die within the area.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Mon May 13, 2013 11:22 am

Ok, thats how i thought it worked. I must have been having bad luck last night. But also got to remember those 2 quest areas bottom 2 levels of destard and bottom level of hyloth dont have a lot of monsters, so i guess chances are lower to find the item than say bottom level of shame or bucs den.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Mon May 13, 2013 11:53 am

Speeking of the one im on right now, what is "deep" destard?

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 pm

X: 5123 - 5180
Y: 796 881
npctype ophidianavenger
npctype ophidianqueen

Those are the UOAM/UOCartographer coordinates and the kind of monsters that might give you the item.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Ahh, so its based on certain monsters as well... interesting. Might have to look all of this up. Lol But it is nice to know that its not on the 3rd level. Lol. That way i can lure queens out of there and bring them up if i clear the 2nd level and try again.