Then and Now

Discussion about the WoD
Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Re: Then and Now

Post by Kale Greeneye » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 pm

You bet, I look forward to it! I should be back ingame by tomorrow sometime.

Vincent Tel'Imoen
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Vincent Tel'Imoen » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Then: High School.

Now: Finishing off my IT degree, starting my biochemistry degree and working as a freelance developer in between.

Vincent Tel'Imoen
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Vincent Tel'Imoen » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Joram Lionheart wrote:Does anyone have the contact info for Tel'Imoen? I wonder what became of our aussie friend.
Hi! :D

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Atei » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:05 pm

So then was 2004? I was trying my hand at being self-employed (failed miserably, thank you very much) and was living on my own.

Now, I am married (as of 5/15/11 to a wonderful woman, Rachel), fully recovered from gastric bypass surgery (I have lost almost 200 pounds since March of 2009), living with her and our 3 dogs and her 16-year-old PITA son and have been with the same employer for the last 6+ years.

Someone else commented that WoD was their first on-line gaming experience and how all others have paled in comparison and I am in the exact same boat: my friend Mike introduced me to WoD and in no time at all I was hooked. Since the hiatus I have played other UO shards and most recently World of Warcraft and NOTHING compares. It's not about the cutting-edge technology or graphics, which other places have and that's cool and all--it's about the feel of this place, and that comes from the exceptional people who play here and run this shard.

When I came back to WoD I had just had my right hip replaced and this has been so amazingly helpful in my rehabilitation, to come back to this oh so familiar shard with all of the familiar names and places has helped my recovery immensely.

In case I haven't adequately expressed this in the past: THANK YOU for throwing open the doors again! It sure has been fun getting reacquainted with old friends and headless ones again. :D

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:15 pm

I was still in high school then. I've since graduated high school and received an associates of education. I've moved from a small town in the middle of no where to Tulsa Ok and am currently working as a supervisor at a Directv call center. Plan to establish myself a bit and go back to school.

Good to be back WoD.

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Post by gemini » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:27 pm

I got direct t.v. hook me up with the NFL ticket hehe
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.

Saroo Bloodmoon
Notable
Notable

Post by Saroo Bloodmoon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:24 am

Then I was a general computer geek in my 30's working for either a collective of local banks, or an airport services and air freight handler, can't remember how far back it was. I had finally gotten to where I was comfortable in life, had a small home, a good dog and few worries. Then shit happened. My mother started showing signs of alzheimers and couldn't live on her own, so I took her in, and tried to give her a few more years before she ended up in a nursing home, so the comfortable/content thing was put aside. I then developed a neurological disorder, stemming from a back injury I got in a hit and run accident when I was in my 20's. And shit went from bad to worse. Lost the house, lost my health, lost everything. Ended up homeless. Now, I'm in a nursing home, myself, listening to a 75 year old dementia patient snore like a chainsaw in the bed next to me.

I'm here for physical therapy and rehab, and it's actually been going well, and a few days ago I finally won my disability case (after about 3 and a half years of fighting), so I'm going to get out of here and into some sort of housing soon. Finding WoD has been resurrected, couldn't have come at a better time. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to play it, my right hand can be ... uncooperative, at times, but I sure intend to give it my best.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Saroo Bloodmoon wrote:Then I was a general computer geek in my 30's working for either a collective of local banks, or an airport services and air freight handler, can't remember how far back it was. I had finally gotten to where I was comfortable in life, had a small home, a good dog and few worries. Then shit happened. My mother started showing signs of alzheimers and couldn't live on her own, so I took her in, and tried to give her a few more years before she ended up in a nursing home, so the comfortable/content thing was put aside. I then developed a neurological disorder, stemming from a back injury I got in a hit and run accident when I was in my 20's. And shit went from bad to worse. Lost the house, lost my health, lost everything. Ended up homeless. Now, I'm in a nursing home, myself, listening to a 75 year old dementia patient snore like a chainsaw in the bed next to me.

I'm here for physical therapy and rehab, and it's actually been going well, and a few days ago I finally won my disability case (after about 3 and a half years of fighting), so I'm going to get out of here and into some sort of housing soon. Finding WoD has been resurrected, couldn't have come at a better time. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to play it, my right hand can be ... uncooperative, at times, but I sure intend to give it my best.
Wow, that's an incredible story, Saroo. Thanks for sharing it and I hope things keep improving for you. Great to see you back.

Jakeman
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Jakeman » Sun May 28, 2017 3:46 am

Since my post in 2011...
Was going through a pretty nasty divorce and working a shit rent-a-cop job and going to school at the same time.
I remember seeing the email from Leaphis while I was still on shift at work and was freaking out I was so excited.

Now:
I'm the Store manager at a national pool store (trying to find something else) working towards a dream of opening my own gaming store.
Somewhat gave up on "higher learning" but keeping the door open just in case.
Have came across a few women of my dreams and parted ways with them amicably... mostly. settled down with the current for almost 3 years.
Playing and have played a lot of D&D.
hoping to help get WOD back moving and shaking again.
"If it can go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible time." -Murphy's Law
Characters:
The Illustrious Sir Jakeman Order Guard,
The Dastardly Raban Master Wizard (and Necromancer too!)
You're just jealous the voices only talk to me!

Bettenco
Notable
Notable

Post by Bettenco » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:52 am

Vincent Tel'Imoen wrote:Since my post in 2011...
Was going through a pretty nasty divorce and working a shit rent-a-cop job and going to school at the same time.
I remember seeing the email from Leaphis while I was still on shift at work and was freaking out I was so excited.
Same here.