What is the deal with nonfunctioning gates?

Having a problem? Post it here.
chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

What is the deal with nonfunctioning gates?

Post by chuxton » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 pm

I've been having a number of gates that are beautiful to look at but will not work and there is no message accompanying them to explain. The first time I noticed it, I was in downtown Britain, so I thought maybe it was a reasonable restriction to protect the town and ease clutter. Since, I have experienced the same problem well outside town limits and even from the roof of Fellowship Hall. The gates look normal, but no matter how many times you walk through them in whatever direction, they don't lead anywhere. Am I missing something?

Thomas Duklain
Reputable
Reputable

Re: What is the deal with nonfunctioning gates?

Post by Thomas Duklain » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Are you making these gates and they aren't functioning or are they 'static' gates that aren't functioning? I'm just curious, I can't actually help you. :)

chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Post by chuxton » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:03 am

I'm talking about gates created by the character with the gate travel spell. Gates to exactly the same spot then work correctly later when cast by another character or from another point of origin. But I'm now having the problem with about 15%-40% of my cast gates.

Sei Ryu
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Sei Ryu » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 am

I don't know if this is the case, but for some reason now we can't pass through mobs and some NPCs, and this prevents gates from working if someone is standing on the spot you will appear on the other side.
Gradilla Dragon
-=={UDIC}==-
Chars: Sighard Kharada, Taliaali Kharada, Walja Kharada, Zebey Kharada, Sarinder Kharada, Maedhros Kharada

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 am

Sei Ryu wrote:I don't know if this is the case, but for some reason now we can't pass through mobs and some NPCs, and this prevents gates from working if someone is standing on the spot you will appear on the other side.
I didn't think that POL supported pushthrough until 096 or 097. Either way we are on the wrong facet, we will need to move to britannia_alt for it to work (Trammel).
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Thomas Duklain
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Thomas Duklain » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 am

We're in Felucca. It's a stamina thing, you can't pass through people like in Trammel. Take a refresh potion to shove the poor soul out of the way.

Also, someone standing on the receiving side doesn't affect your traveling abilities.