Sept Update

Discussion about the WoD
Laephis
Administrator

Sept Update

Post by Laephis » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:48 pm

Hello everyone,

We're approaching the 2nd month of being back online and I wanted to share a few things so you know what's going on behind the scenes.

First, we're currently in the process of getting a few more Seers on board. They're still learning so go easy on them if things are a little rough around the edges at first. Hopefully we'll be able to start some quests in the upcoming weeks.

Second, a few volunteers have offered their time to review new player applications. Word-of-mouth advertising has been surprisingly effective, but I think we're ready to open things up to a wider audience. If anyone has any suggestions for this, I'm all ears.

Third, I'm happy to announce that someone has taken an interest in the WoD scripts and has been submitting bug fixes for the past few weeks. We're currently kicking around a few new ideas regarding the virtue system (among other things). If anyone else has some POL scripting experience and would like to participate, please don't be shy. I'd love for WoD to have a development "team" and avoid the "one lead developer" syndrome that we fell into previously.

Finally, I'm starting a new job next week. This means my time is going to very limited as I work to have a successful first 90 days with my new employer. If I don't respond to issues right away, it's not because I don't like you. :P

As always, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, recommendations, etc., please don't hesitate to post or send me a note.

Joram Lionheart
Admirable
Admirable

Re: Sept Update

Post by Joram Lionheart » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Yay! for new jobs. Are you moving up (or sideways) in the same company or doing something completely different somewhere else? If you don't mind me asking, that is.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 am

Joram Lionheart wrote:Yay! for new jobs. Are you moving up (or sideways) in the same company or doing something completely different somewhere else? If you don't mind me asking, that is.
Moving up and out. I had been with my previous employer for over 7 years and had hit a career dead-end. The new job is downtown Chicago and is a pretty big deal...big enough that I won't be checking the WoD website at work for at least the first few months. ;)

Joram Lionheart
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Joram Lionheart » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:41 am

That's pretty cool. Dead end jobs take the joy out of life. I love Chicago too. My parents live in Dekalb so I visit the area at least once a year. What do you do? Again, if you don't mind me asking.

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:11 am

I work in Information Technology, moving from the infrastructure side of things into more of a management role.

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Gratz mate!
I might have someone intimately familiar with the WoD scripts and POL scripting, I'll get in tought with him. The only problem is, he isn't local. He's an Ausie...
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Post by chuxton » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Total congrats on the job!

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:30 am

okay, my old scripting mate, who is old by the way, ;) told me that he has moved on from POL scripting and is pursuing a different project. :(
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1