Lady Ciara Memorial

Discussion about the WoD
Jakeman
Admirable
Admirable

Lady Ciara Memorial

Post by Jakeman » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Our lead admin stated at this address viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&start=40
I think this is a fine idea, but it would have to be something player initiated/organized. (I'd be happy to help with the technical details of the event, though.)

Ciara did an enormous amount for the World of Dreams, both as a player and as someone working behind the scenes. Every time I log in I'm reminded of this fact.
I would like to begin by saying that making a memorial to Lady C is a wonderful idea that i fully support and i know many other players are too. but as stated it needs to be a player driven thing.
I think we as players need to come up with a design and possible some gold and deeds to fund and support this project.

the more i have been thinking on it, the more I like the idea of a small garden and building in the middle of the garden, with a few fountains and a marble pathway. some dragon statues at the entrance to the garden, and horse statues near the entrance to the marble building. inside the building there should be a book with some information on Lady C, and maybe her staff and cloak, that is locked down inside, in order to keep her memory alive and able to pass down to the newer players that didn't get a chance to meet such a noble woman. i also thought about another book that people are able to sign as they visit the shine/memorial.

if we are going to do this we need support and ideas, so i created this thread to get things moving.
"If it can go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible time." -Murphy's Law
Characters:
The Illustrious Sir Jakeman Order Guard,
The Dastardly Raban Master Wizard (and Necromancer too!)
You're just jealous the voices only talk to me!

chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Re: Lady Ciara Memorial

Post by chuxton » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Absolutely, I would be happy to contribute. I think it would also be cool to build in a special buff for an attending character- nothing huge or terribly long-lasting. The design ideas sound fine, to me. Have you thought about a location? The sight of the wedding might not be bad. Let me know how I can help.

Homer et al

michella
Reputable
Reputable

Post by michella » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 am

Oh the wedding site would be a perfect place! I love all the ideas so far :) I can just see us drinking from her fountain and receiving a small blessing. I would love to contribute any way I can also.

Jakeman
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Jakeman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:12 am

Could someone make me a recall stone to the wedding site? I don't think I have ever been there....
Characters:

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 am

I think you mean having a rune marked. I might have one, I'll look around. Although, now that I think about it, there might be one on top of the Fellowship Hall.
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Jakeman
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Jakeman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:43 am

Yes have a rune marked... That's what I was thinking of.. My words was getting all mixed up in the old thinking box :)
Characters:

Jakeman
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Jakeman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 am

I have been thinking about what michella said about the fountain and blessing...

Ciara's blessing: I thought about it having the blue sparkle visual effect from, I think, protection spell, or maybe the lightning effect from mass lightning and then haveing the spell effect of greater heal, or maybe a custom spell that takes the players weight to 10 or 5 for a few min.

I'm just bouncing ideas around, of course these ideas would have to be approved by our lead admin, and the custom spell effect would have to be developed.

What's yalls ideas on it?
Characters:

Mack
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Mack » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 am

I know on Ackadia I experienced a spell that made your next death tax free, would be a good one shot spell for the opening ceremony.

Jakeman
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Jakeman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:44 am

That would be pretty awesome and a good treat for people in attendance to the opening ceremony. When we get the ideas together, approved, and implemented. :)
Characters:

Randell
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Randell » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I'll check and see if Laephis would like me to create a script for the free death tax effect at the memorial. Would be limited usage, I would imagine, maybe a 3 or 5 use thing then after a player uses the max blessings they will no longer be given that blessing. It will take me a few days to get it put together decide on how too make the effect happen. It will most likely work like the shrines currently work.
And before any one asks, no i'm not really a scripter. I am capable of debugging as well as taking existing scripts, working out a way to mod them and make it work right. I haven't been able to start a new script from scratch yet. I'm just, publicly, volunteering my limited ability to this one project.