A sort of homecoming...

Discussion about the WoD
Laephis
Administrator

A sort of homecoming...

Post by Laephis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:01 am

I miss The World of Dreams. If you're here reading this, chances are you miss it, too. It closed seven years ago, and there's no going back to the way it was. A lot has changed during that time, especially me. But in a fit of nostalgia, I've put together a simple forum for former players to gather and share stories if they're interested in that sort of thing. Over the coming days and weeks, I'll make improvements to the website and forum. I enjoy projects like this. :)

I'm also planning on putting the WoD server back online. When and how that will all work is something for another post. Until then, best wishes.

Ehran
Prominent
Prominent

Re: A sort of homecoming...

Post by Ehran » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:28 am

man words cannot really express my joy at the gang or at least a few of them getting back together again.

i have really missed the world of dreams and the people resident there at least some of the time.

Kramer
Notable
Notable

Post by Kramer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:30 am

Yeah, I've had fits of nostalgia. Not sure if anyone remembers me though.

Seon MacRae
Notable
Notable

Post by Seon MacRae » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm

This is great....I was thinking recently of the adventures I had in WoD, wishing it was still active. I'll get the software reinstalled and join ASAP.

Thanks for getting this going again.
WoD: Seon MacRae, Caoth Valewalker, Avagdu
Steam Name: [toj.cc] janc

Caramon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Caramon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Does anyone know where the software is downloadable from nowadays? I will have to check if I have any copies lying around, and knowing the state of my dis-organization, I am not holding out much hope.

Seon MacRae
Notable
Notable

Post by Seon MacRae » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:10 pm

I found a download link, but I can't remember if it's against the rules to post here. If you Google it you'll find a download page for the client on UO Herald. I haven't tried this client, though - I installed from my discs.
WoD: Seon MacRae, Caoth Valewalker, Avagdu
Steam Name: [toj.cc] janc

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Caramon wrote:Does anyone know where the software is downloadable from nowadays? I will have to check if I have any copies lying around, and knowing the state of my dis-organization, I am not holding out much hope.
Give this a shot and let me know if it works. I think this is the client that came after AoS, so hopefully it does the trick.

http://www.fileplanet.com/150525/150000 ... -day-Trial

Caramon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Caramon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Yeah, I am downloading a couple of the clients to see which one works :) Been so long since I messed with this stuff, I am having to dredge the depths of my memories for details.

It might be interesting to see whats up if people would be interested in re-starting the server again. I had looked at re-starting the one I had run for a long time (First Sundering), but hadn't really pursued it. I would have to go through my floppies forthe old source code :) I had looked at making a Razor version of the shard, but time just didn't permit it. Maybe if there is an interest in it in the future.

I know Sitheca has passed (he was my brother), and a few others, but hopefully more will join as the word is passed.

Bodal
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Bodal » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks, Laephis - that UO Gold link worked like a dream...I am back on WoD!!!

Bodal
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Bodal » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:47 pm

and I love it!

I am seriously struggling to remember how to play though i.e. cast spells, set macros, even open the map?!

The first thing I did was accidently transform myself into a wraith and get chased by the town guards!