What is your most humorous memory of WoD?

General non-WoD related conversations
Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

What is your most humorous memory of WoD?

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:48 pm

My experiences aside, one of the funniest things I ever saw happen was when SS managed to kill Andy in the bank while he and Ciara were hanging out after a quest...the reverberating silence followed by the "OMG...dude I am sorry..I didn't mean to actually kill you's" was absolutely beautiful! Gramps says for him it was the conversations with his mule while he was cooking in town. Ciara would often speak to him through the mule.. The first time she nearly gave him a heart attack. Keelarr's moment was right after he had arrived and placed his first house on I believe Vesper or Occlo, Flint Fireforge had his place in the city there and Keelarr thought it was a friend from OSI. There was a chest outside Flints place with some nice armor in it and it was not locked. Thinking it was his friend he stole all the contents of the chest and left his book with a demanding boisterous note explaining the loot would be returned for the ransom of 100 banana's, name, house co'ords as well. Well, this was not his friend from OSI lol Flint reported him to Ciara and wanted him banned from the shard. Ciara arrived in her fabulous tennis outfit, complete with tennis bracelet and calmly asked Keel about the incident. Now mind you Keelarr at the time was still excited to have been accepted andhad no intentions of being a thief but was merely thinking he had pulled a prank on an old friend. After hearing the jist of it, Ciara laughed and explained the situation and told him to consider himself chastised though she didn't actually chastise him at all. Flint held that grudge to the end. And so began the wonderful friendship between Ciara and the Ranar clan. Very few people in my travels have met the standards that little lady set in my mind as a compassionate and caring friend. And who remembers the first time that Kenny died and the message was spread across the shard lol.

Roderick
Notable
Notable

Re: What is your most humorous memory of WoD?

Post by Roderick » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:59 am

Most humorous... well with all the years and joys I don't know if I could pick any single one and call it my favorite. All the years of good friends, good quests, good stories and really really humorous bad versions of all the same made most days on the World of Dreams just that. Still in the spirit of the thread, I suppose I could share a tale or two.

This first one goes back it seems like forever. I'll skip over how 5-10 minutes into my first World of Dreams login I was ruthelessly killed by a slime and saved by the Lady Shade... and instead move on to less embarrassing (for me) times....

I'd been playing on the shard for I'd say less than a month... not with Roderick as most people came to know me but with my original char... I think his name was Grock or something a platemail clad warrior. I'd been making my hunting rounds killing orcs and whatever else I could trying to raise enough money to buy a house... while at the same time trying to talk `Andrea (Ciara) into applying and trying out the World of Dreams with me. Well I finally got the money around.. I bought one of the prebuilt houses and enough money that I called up the Lady Shade and ordered a bright sparkly white picket fence to surround it. House and White picket fence completed... I was ready for Ciara to arrive I gave her the tour, and decked her out.. it wasn't very long before she was enamoured with the shard.

One night while her character was still young she'd been wondering around after I went to bed... 3am rolls by and I'm awakened by a frantic text message.. I'm dead and I have all my stuff on me!! So I jump out of bed, fire up the computer and called her up... Roderick: ok honey it's ok, where are you? Ciara: *Frantic* I don't know! I was just walking around and got killed!!

Through a long and grueling process I managed to figure out that she was lost somewhere around the edge of the desert in Yew there... so off I charged... running all over looking for her. Finally finding her ghost she starts leading me back to her body... of course neglecting to mention that what had killed her was an ancient dragon spawn someone had left after looting a chest!! A lot of luck later.. I managed to lead the spawn off and loot her gear. Was probably the most hectic 10 minutes of all my time on the World of Dreams and was certainly a very funny moment for us... and also the moment I realized how much she loved WoD and how much it meant to her. For her to wake me up at 3am asking for me to come to her rescue was a huge concession from the very confident and capable Ciara ;-)

Another time... I was working on a script. Ciara always hated how impossible it was to take of the jewelry, you could .undress but that left you naked and Ciara really disliked that so I asked Drocket if I could add in an .undress jewelry option. So I fiddled around with it a bit until I got it working and got it uploaded and compiled onto the shard. At this point I believe Ciara was at the house talking to my brother... now to be fair I must say that the script worked perfectly... My spelling however leaves a bit to be desired and if I recall the script was looking for .undress jewlery she of course spelled it correctly... which the script read as a normal .undress and so stripped her naked at the kitched table while talking to my brother. Needless to say she was not entirely pleased with me! When I typed out the command to demonstrate it worked fine... so I said it works for me just type ".undress jewlery". My brother of course said something like "nice script" ;-)

Roderick

Caramon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Caramon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:09 pm

I think one of my fondest memories was the first time I went hunting with a group of WoD'ers at the Yew Abbey (IIRC). I was still young, and it was the first time I had ever run into Shaboolies, and I was going WTF? Where did they came from? I think I probably died a bunch of times that night but it was a blast!

Xanola
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Xanola » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 am

My most humorous moment would have to have been my compassion shrine antics... it was totally unintentional, mind you, but I managed to die around 15 times in 2 minutes. The funny thing was some of the .msg's I recieved because of it.

Ehran
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Ehran » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:32 pm

so many to choose from.

one of them was michella and i showing a pair of new players some of the neater things wod had to offer. we'd gone down to the island to do a treasure map. no native spawns on the island and it was a low level map so safe as houses for new players right.
well it turned out some ebil sod had done a high level map and simply left the assorted dragon spawn there. so we are tripping along chattting with these new people and lo dragon names at the top of the screen. screech of brakes and damn not fast enough.
quick threat assessment and a bit of bad luck left me with a pair of royals while the rest of the spawn went for michella. figured if i pulled the royals away from michella she could handle the rest with a tiny bit of luck. so i run off west trailing the two royals
and thinking i was gonna die as one royal was an iffy fight for me. oh joy salt water far as the eye could see as we were pretty close to the beach so i start running in circles with the royals nipping at my heels. i can get far enough ahead to take a shot every so
often and of course it's raining purples on them steadily. i'm not really paying attention to whether this is working i'm just trying to keep them focussed so they don't wander back and attack michella and the new people 2 screens over.

after about 2 minutes which somehow seemed sooo much longer one of the new people wanders onto my screen. first thought is oh thank god help followed by wait a sec he's just about harmless. so now i have to keep the royals far enough away they don't
go after him. now i sort of expected he'd start shooting at them or something. instead he pulls up a log and sits down to watch. then he starts clapping. by this time one of the royals is expiring on the ground and the other was looking rather ragged and not
long after michella showed up not too long after the last royal went down. after putting her mob of dragons down she'd taken the time to loot them and explain to the new player with her what had happened all the time blissfully thinking i was gonna handle
the two royals fine on my own. by the time she walks on screen of course i'm prone on the grass wheezing desperately and wondering if maybe a third lung wouldn't have been a good idea back when the gods were designing people. i can heartily recommend
an exercise program like having two royals chase you madly about all while wearing full plate. gets the heart beat up just fine.

Sorin Laban
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Sorin Laban » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Wandering around the Minoc outskirts with a couple fellow travelers (I apologize, I forget who they were) when suddenly the city of Minoc was literally wall to wall, standing room only, Shaboolies. We were doing just fine fighting them since we started at the edge of the town invasion. Picking them off a few at a time. When out of the clear blue, from the other side of the mob of boolies comes one lone figure running at top speed. Homer Oldham plowing through the sea of boolies with about 200 or more of them all trained up behind him, hot on his trail .. he's screaming " AAAAaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!" the whole way! LOL!! Around a couple trees .. around a couple shacks, a dip here, a dodge there ... screaming at the top of his lungs, but finally they got him.

This was right in the height of the series of stories he always posted about his adventures, or misadventures as it were and my was a fun story he told. LOL!

Xanola
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Xanola » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Sorin! Good to see ya, man!

Seon MacRae
Notable
Notable

Post by Seon MacRae » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:58 am

I think mine was finally purchasing one of the permanent buildings outside Vesper (it was the building you pass on the between Covetous and Vesper, I believe. I had my henchmen guarding my house and was finally getting settled. However, every time I logged in my henchmen were missing and I had to fight my way out of the house. Unbeknownst to me, something was interfering with a spawn of vampires and other undead in the area near my house, so I was almost overrun.

Humorous now, not so much then :)
WoD: Seon MacRae, Caoth Valewalker, Avagdu
Steam Name: [toj.cc] janc

FelixMajen
Notable
Notable

Post by FelixMajen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:49 pm

This one time at bandit camp.......

No, seriously, my most humorous memory of WoD would have to be the time SS and I borrowed the town criers' outfits. Using the name changing spell we appeared to be 2 actual town criers, wandered up by the bank, and one of us started talking about the next phase of the quest everyone was on, whilst the other wandered over and started spouting contradictory statements regarding the same events.

Needless to say, it was quite amusing to watch everyone run around not knowing which town crier was spouting the proper information, when in reality, neither was officially "seer driven"

rocko
Prominent
Prominent

Post by rocko » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Mine was when I accidentally released a henchman from her contract when she was still mounted, and then decided to hire her back. Upon release, the horse the henchman sit on disappeared, and in a typical manner the henchman run away yelling "ahh...". When hired back, the horse does not reappear. The interesting part is, inside the henchman's backpack, there is a piece of wood that looks exactly like a part of a wooden boat, that you can actually take out.

So I had one of these locked down in a house I placed in moonglow. When I had to take a pause from the game, I gave my house to the neighbor couple who live in a small plaster house right next to me for free, together with a few of my belongs. The wife then asked me what was that thing locked in the house. So I told her how I got it.

Then here is the funny part: a few weeks later, when I logged back in briefly to check out the world, I stopped by the auctioneer out of habit, and what did I find? A piece of boat on display, and someone actually bid on it with 500gp...