UOAssist

Having a problem? Post it here.
Xanola
Admirable
Admirable

UOAssist

Post by Xanola » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Does anyone know how to get UOAssist or Razor to work on WoD?

Sei Ryu
Admirable
Admirable

Re: UOAssist

Post by Sei Ryu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:00 pm

You need a program compatible witn encryption 2.0.0b if I recall correctly. Neither of them will work. I remember UOInjection has support for that encryption. I decided to test it before replying, it's not going to work out of the box, will need some fiddling. I can get to the server selection screen, but nothing past that.
Gradilla Dragon
-=={UDIC}==-
Chars: Sighard Kharada, Taliaali Kharada, Walja Kharada, Zebey Kharada, Sarinder Kharada, Maedhros Kharada

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:06 pm

IIRC The WoD client already has encryption stripped from it; as did most clients that were for private servers.

Although Laephis would be the only one who could tell for sure (POL.cfg I believe). Any chance we could use 4.x clients on the alternate port? I've got one around here somewhere...
ooh, or even Iris2 :D
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Sei Ryu
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Sei Ryu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:41 pm

As I recalled, the WoD Client wasn't stripped from encryption. Using UOInjection, you won't even get past the login screen unless you set it to use 2.0.0 encryption.
Gradilla Dragon
-=={UDIC}==-
Chars: Sighard Kharada, Taliaali Kharada, Walja Kharada, Zebey Kharada, Sarinder Kharada, Maedhros Kharada

Xanola
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Xanola » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:20 am

Ok, thanks anyway guys...

Laephis
Administrator

Post by Laephis » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:32 am

Zoram wrote:IIRC The WoD client already has encryption stripped from it; as did most clients that were for private servers.

Although Laephis would be the only one who could tell for sure (POL.cfg I believe). Any chance we could use 4.x clients on the alternate port? I've got one around here somewhere...
ooh, or even Iris2 :D
At one time we supported both the 2.0.0b client and a 4.x client. I seem to recall it being a major PITA, though, which may explain why I can't find any copies of the "official" 4.x client in my archives.