Disconnected players not going away

Having a problem? Post it here.
Agata
Developer

Disconnected players not going away

Post by Agata » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 am

Hello

Recently I have noticed player characters who stay in the same place all day doing nothing. I asked one of them outside the game, and he said he wasn't connected. I started wondering what's going on.

Seems like if you just close the UO window, without pressing the Log Out button and accepting, the characters stay there. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself personally, but I'd like you to confirm if this is happening to you, please.

So far I have seen Keelarr Ranar, Elzo Ranar and Jachin as online all day doing nothing. Keelar Ranar confirmed he didn't have the UO client open, and I guess Elzo plays in the same PC. The one I haven't confirmed is Jachin. Please gemini, confirm if you are deliberately leaving the character Jachin online, and if so, how are you closing the UO window?
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Re: Disconnected players not going away

Post by Zoram » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:59 pm

I know that you can leave a clone of your character. If you encounter one simply say "Please go away" and they will "recall" away.
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Re: Disconnected players not going away

Post by Kale Greeneye » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:11 am

He means actually online though, I have run by Mals house dozens of times and seen Jachin online when I am pretty sure hes not actually. he will reply soon :)