A Nod of Respect

Discussion about the WoD
Chelsea Duklain
Upstanding
Upstanding

A Nod of Respect

Post by Chelsea Duklain » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Sometimes I go through the old board and slowly catch up on things I missed after I left before WOD shut down. I found this and although I haven't asked permission to re post it, I'm sure he won't mind. Simply because I wanted to praise his tenacity and point out, if the man says something - he ain't lyin'. He waited.

Sorry, but we will not be leaving.
by Homer on Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:27 am

Well, I only tonight find out what was happening. I am, of course, stunned. What to do? Other WOD citizens, past and present have found ways of coping with the end of the world. Do I follow their example? Should I hasten to wrap up the narrative threads of the characters so dear to me that I have long since forgotten where Homer and Penn-Hedley end and where Chuck begins? Do I try to thank folks who have given me the place I keep my sanity and whatever poetic soul this tired old man possesses? Do I try to offer up recollections that will have no World left to recall them? Do I say good-bye to the dearest friends I have never met but love all the same?
I think not.
I understand the evacuation order, but I am afraid I simply cannot leave at this time. The lights may get turned off and the doors locked, but I must respectfully refuse to leave. Into whatever spirit world WOD will pass, there will be a Fellowship Hall standing with its door wide open.
Inside that Hall will sit 5 silly men on the bare floor. Arms and legs crossed, they will wait the return of life to the land. Homer will alternately die for his dreams and dream of his deaths. Penn-Hedley III will advise all others on the proper way to wait. Ajax will recite limmericks with bunnies in them. Smudge will sulk quietly, and secretly miss Ranger Sgt Prigg. Pinkwater will mumble gruffly, but no one will understand.
They have nowhere else to go. With them, a part of Chuck Croston, humble player, will also wait quietly in the dark.
Homer
Regular Poster