Temporary test server is up

Discussion about the WoD
Agata
Developer

Temporary test server is up

Post by Agata » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Hello

I just set up a Temporary Test Server for now. It's up and running Monday to Friday 6 AM to 4 PM Pacific Time. Sometimes I will leave it from 11 PM to 4 PM next day, Pacific time too. Additionally, It might be up at other additional times without notice. Later on we will have a server running 24/7, but for now that's what we will have.

Follow the instructions from this post to set up your client.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=383

Please PM me to request the login.wod file, and send me your account details just to verify it's really you.

The server has data from November 19th.

Some notes:
  • There is a new .superpowers command, which will set all all your skills at 100, and all your stats to your cap. The skills are reset to whatever you had set your specs to once a skillcap check is made (usually every 5 minutes). If you haven't set your specs, the stats are set to 75.
  • All accounts have 7 character slots, so if your account already has 5 characters, I suggest you use the new slots for an elf and a gargoyle so you can test.
  • The gargoyles and elves currently get proper starting weapons to match the selected weapon skill, and they work, even the gargish Throwing weapons, but since I haven't finished adding any of the new equipment to the crafting system, they can't be repaired or crafted yet.
  • The AoSNecromancy, Focus, Chivalry, Bushido, Ninjitsu, Mysticism and Imbuing aren't implemented yet, they are just placeholders in the skill windows for now. You should be able to set them as specs without problems, though.
  • Benson's Oil now works on non-exceptional items, this is for testing purposes.
  • I will put lots of gold in the Newbie Box for training and testing.
  • I put Four boxes on the Britain Bank desktop: The first with lots of Benson's Oil bottles, the second with Age of Shadows and Samurai Empire armor and weapons, the third with Elven armor and weapons, and the fourth with Gargish armor and weapons.
  • Shaving, hair styling and such might not work correctly for Elves and Gargoyles yet, as I haven't looked deeply into it. Please test!
  • The architects have deeds for 18x18 house foundations. You can test custom housing with those.
  • Tamed polar bears can be mounted.
  • The House Value limit has been raised to 10.
  • The custom items' graphic entries have been fixed, you will no longer see floor tiles, roof tiles or weird furniture instead of them. If your client is patched properly, you will be able to see the custom items properly.
  • Leadership skill use has been moved to the Begging slot, thus freeing the Dischordance slot for implementing that skill in the future. Please test all your Leadership-related buffs and activities to make sure everything's working properly.
  • A teleporter to Heartwood has been added to the center of Yew.
  • The moongates have been updated, they now have a menu and take you to the main locations of Britannia, Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur. Please test all summoning, housing, deed placement and stuff in any realm different than Britannia. If everything works fine in one realm outside Britannia, it will work fine in all others.
  • New ships have been added, you can buy them from the shipwright for 1 gp. To board and unboard them, use the ropes found on the ship deck.
Last edited by Agata on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Agata
Developer

Re: Temporary test server is up

Post by Agata » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:08 am

And sometimes I will leave it up from 11 PM Pacific on to 4 PM Pacific from next day. Just added that to the main post. I also added the Age of Shadows and Samurai Empire new equipment, updated the main post with that too.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:05 pm

The server is already up today. I hope to see you online.

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I will try to get on by the end of the week! thank you so much for doing this!

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Added 18x18 foundation deeds to the architect stock. You can test custom housing now.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:17 am

Just added another note: polar bears can be mounted because of the new client.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:18 am

Tonight monday, march 12th, 8:23 PM PDT, the server is up right now, and will stay until tomorrow tuesday, march 13th, 4 PM PDT. Hope to see you there.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Updated the notes one more time.

Atei
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Atei » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Thank you for all that you have done and are doing!

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Sei Ryu
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Sei Ryu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:59 pm

There is lots of room for Housing close to the Moongates of Luna (Malas), Makoto-jima (Tokuno) and Royal City (Ter Mur) :D
Gradilla Dragon
-=={UDIC}==-
Chars: Sighard Kharada, Taliaali Kharada, Walja Kharada, Zebey Kharada, Sarinder Kharada, Maedhros Kharada