Hide Armor

Having a problem? Post it here.
Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Hide Armor

Post by Chala » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 am

So i just crafted some hide armor and made it magical with a benson potion and found that i cant med in it, is there a reason for this?

Agata
Developer

Re: Hide Armor

Post by Agata » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:10 pm

The reason is its AR is as good as ringmail, and you can't meditate on ringmail, so I made it the same for hide armor. Also, you can't meditate on hide armor in OSI either.

You can't meditate with the studded samurai armor either, but it also offers the same protection as ringmail. In this case, it's a WoD thing, I didn't see a point in leaving such a huge gap in armor ratings for these particular armors, and I decided to make the ninja leather armor as good as studded, and medable.

Next time you craft armor, check for the "Mage Armor" tag. If it's not there, you can't meditate in it.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:06 pm

The protection spell more than makes up for the armor deficiency in mages so it is just as good to wear whatever armor you want that is "meditatable", I get an ar of @65-67 consistently when I buff. That is more than adequate for a mage.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:22 pm

The only reason i say anything is i thought it was due to metal that armor couldn't be meditated in. But i guess the real question is, is there any armor other than studded and ninja leather that is as strong that can be med in? I am just tired of the look of studded and hate the look of the ninja leather...

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 am

bone armor
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:27 pm

But it cant be crafted, or mana stoned...