Hello

Discussion about the WoD
Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Hello

Post by Tamanier » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:35 am

Hi everyone.
I Used to play on WoD when I was quite young under the name of Wolfie, and on SQ as Tamanier.
I haven't played in about 7 years though, and that was on SQ, Its been quite a bit longer since I played here and I was quite young at the time (8-10ish if I remember right) and a lot has changed since then.
So I figured, if its alright, I'd start this thread for any questions I have as the manual doesn't cover everything.
Nothing too important yet as I've only been back for a week, but for starters who is still active? I've been on every day for the past week, not for too long each time though, and I haven't seen anyone online.
Also I am currently in Bone/Studded armor and as long as I go slow the graveyard is getting fairly easy. I'd love to start getting slightly better loot so what would be the next hunting grounds I should try out? I don't remember any of the dungeons or hunting grounds from when I played before. Since I was quite young I don't think I got very far.
And last random question for now, what is the stone for that you get when mining? I may be missing something but I can't find it referenced in the manual and I've got a fair collection of it already.
Thanks in advance, it's good to be back.
Tamanier, Be'lal, Shaitan, Asha'man, Haliax, Thomandron, Perrin

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Re: Hello

Post by Tamanier » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:20 am

Also, is the little book next to your backpack on the paperdoll that tells you the abilities of your weapons an active feature?
I'm not noticing the abilities doing anything.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:30 am

How long does your corpse stay around after you die? I pushed my luck in the dungeon North of town and I died, then retrieved my items, died again with my emergency bag on me. Mined a bunch, made new armor, went back, died again. Now I dont have the patience to try again for a day or 2.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Snow Orc Fort is a good place to hunt for those in studded/bone.

The stone is for stonecrafting, it uses the Woodworking skill but different tools.

Only some of the weapon abilities are implemented, I have yet to implement them all.

Your corpse decays after 20 minutes, BUT if the simultaneous number of players online is less than 3 the decay will be delayed until there are more than 3 players online. So as long as no more players connect, your corpse will stay indefinitely.

Anyways, if someone found your corpse and there was a container with your owner mark, it's very likely that your items are now in your Bank box thanks to the Lost & Found chest system.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Gordie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm on occasionally when not busy with other stuff.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:42 am

Awesome, thanks for the info. Someone found my secondary set of stuff so I should be able to make it back to the rest now, thanks.

Where is the snow orc fort? I should know but its been a long time.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:38 am

Also how do I charge a Runebook?

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:35 am

Nvm, I found the Orc Fort.

How do I laminate armor using blacksmithy? Its not an option on the menu that appears using the smiths hammer

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Drop recall scrolls on a runebook to charge it. Each scroll gives one charge. If you want to cast the Recall spell or Gate Travel instead of using charges, turn the pages of the runebook and use the appropriate Spell Icon in the page of the destination you want.

For laminating, isn't the "Modify Item" button obvious enough? It is also used for changing the gender of some armor pieces and for adapting human weapons for gargoyle use. I found it too messy to add one button for each single thing since not all items can be modified the same way. NOTE: Only magic items can be laminated
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Tamanier
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Tamanier » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:27 am

Great, thanks a lot.
The item I was trying to modify wasn't magic, it was one I made, so it was just trying to upgrade it to quality/exceptional. My mistake.

I think I've just about figured everything else out,
Thanks again.