Questions about mana regeneration

Discussion about the WoD
Gordie
Upstanding
Upstanding

Questions about mana regeneration

Post by Gordie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 pm

I tried to find information about this stuff, but my searches were in vain..so I'll just ask about it here :)
Do focus and meditation passive mana regeneration bonuses stack? And if so, is meditation passive bonus granted in non medable armour? What would be the theoretical maximum for mana per 5 seconds with focus and meditation both at 120? Is there food to give further boost to mana regeneration? I feel like I'm spending a lot of time camping with that having the only benefit of regenerating lost mana. Of course it's nice to chill for a while some times, but when I feel I'm on a roll, I don't want something like that to slow me down ;) ...and are there benefits of having 120 camping, does it increase beyond 7/tick?

Agata
Developer

Re: Questions about mana regeneration

Post by Agata » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Yes, the bonuses stack. Armor doesn't affect the passive regeneration. ANY kind of food increases the mana regen rate. No, camping doesn't go higher than 7/tick, you won't get any extra benefit from having more than 105 camping.

Regen rates are in 'hundredths of points per minute' (divide by 6000 for points per second). This is the regen rate formula for Mana.

Code: Select all

exported function GetManaRegenRate(character)
	//No regen if poisoned
	if (character.poisoned)
		return 0;
	endif

var racialbonus := 0;
	if (character.race == RACE_GARGOYLE)
		racialbonus := 1200;
	endif

var manaregenbonus := 0;
	manaregenbonus := ((GetAttribute (character, ATTRIBUTEID_MEDITATION)* 3) + GetAttribute (character, "Intelligence"))*15;
	manaregenbonus := manaregenbonus + racialbonus + (GetAttribute (character, ATTRIBUTEID_FOCUS)*30);

//If they're hungry, don't regenerate mana as fast or at all
	var hunger := CINT (GetObjProperty (character, "hunger"));
	if (!hunger)
		hunger := 0;
	endif

if (hunger >= 9)
		return 0+manaregenbonus;
	elseif (hunger >= 7)
		return 600+manaregenbonus;
	elseif (hunger > 5)
		return 1000+manaregenbonus;
	endif

return 1200+manaregenbonus;
endfunction
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.