Admin mass email for recruitment to save the shard

Discussion about the WoD
Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Admin mass email for recruitment to save the shard

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:46 am

I was wondering if it is possible for an admin to send out a mass email to all members to see if anybody would like to come back and play again. After all it is the 20th anniversary of Ultima Online. We are slowly regaining old members back to play again and I am sure others would come back to play.
If a mass email is not possible though the forums I can take it upon myself to send out some emails.
I am however going to send out some emails from our brother/sister shard Ackadia and see if anybody there would like to come and play here. Ackadia sadly has not been online for months now and I do not think it will be coming back anytime soon.If is does, that is cool too. I have played on both shards and most of the time, at the same time. I have grown to love both shards and the many many friends I have meet.Time to come back and play boys and girls.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Laephis
Administrator

Re: Admin mass email for recruitment to save the shard

Post by Laephis » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 am

I've sent out some mass emails in the past and I try not to overdo it, but it's probably been at least a few years since the last time. Maybe I could work with Agata on putting together a good summary and highlight some of the changes/additions.

That said, it never hurts to contact some of your friends directly and spread the word. :)

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:33 am

That would be great. Highlight 20th anniversary of ultima online and changes that have been made. We also need to add a sticky note for all the changes that have happened to this shard.As of now there are at least 5 to10 players I know of that are currently playing on this shard. Friends of those are coming to play shortly. I truly believe more would come back knowing that there are current players playing.Sadly I know that most of the emails of players will not get to them because they have no access to their old email accounts.
I will send out a select group of emails in the hope that some will come back or New members will join up.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Forseti
Upstanding
Upstanding

Post by Forseti » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:42 am

Hey that email caught me! I'd love to come hang out for a bit. It's been such a long time!

gemini
Honorable
Honorable

Post by gemini » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:30 am

come on back
I am so taken and accepted among brothers and fellows.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Indeed come on back and bring your friends too. The more people that come back,more will follow.

Azarion
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Azarion » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Ha ha, this worked for me. Once my app is finished no dragon is safe :D.

jetracer
Notable
Notable

Post by jetracer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Has me looking to come back, just need the login now waiting to hear back from Agata

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Got the email as well!

Kale Greeneye
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kale Greeneye » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 am

Hey Forseti! You should definitely pop back for some memory refreshers.