from Homer: Mixed emotions at passing

In-Character Discussion
chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

from Homer: Mixed emotions at passing

Post by chuxton » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 pm

It is with mixed emotions that I announcing my passing for the 2148th and 2149th times. Although there have been a number of folks sneaking in an unfair share of deaths lately, the accountant at the Healer's Guild assures me that I remain the all time top patron of the healing and resurrection arts in our land. The healers welcomed me back with enthusiasm, as my medical coverage as a veteran of the Ophidian War is generous. The Grim Reaper himself was most congenial, as well. He has put on weight, spending far too much time experiencing visions of something he calls "CSI." We'll soon have him back in shape, sprinting from Scara Brae to Trinsic to deliver my monogramed death robes. I was in the Britain Bank trying to remember my box number and talking to Watja Kharada when someone else's death cries sounded. Out of habit, I offered to help. To my dispair, the offer was accepted. You see, I couldn't remember how to do ANYTHING. Still, whatcha gonna do. Watja agreed. At least we could go die with the poor fella and share a ghostly ale. So off we went to Hythloth. I aplologize that the name of the deceased escapes me. Look- they kept me drugged up pretty good at MUSAC. I'm lucky I can still remember the name of Fellowship House. The ghost met us at the dungeon entry. Watja and my plans to die quickly were spoiled by the arrival of Xanola and an army of-- things. He mopped up Hythloth and I ran around clanging my sword against things so that I could feel like I was participating. We found the body and resurrected our companion and then "blooey." Or rather "Blackey." I don't know what happened. I never know what's going on when I'm with a group. But whatever it was, it killed me almost instantly. Well, among the things I forgot how to do was how to manifest myself after death. I talked a blue streak to the others in my group, but they couldn't hear me. Too bad. I told them about the time I killed the Ophidian Queen. They'd have gotten a kick out of it. Finally, Xanola figured out what it was that I was too stupid to be doing. I've noticed the lad has a knack for that. Might have to keep him around. So I made myself seen and heard and they rezzed me and we got the heck outta there.
Back in Britain, I was doing some odd jobs for merchants, as I am still paying for lessons to get my skills back from the last little vacation on Buc's Den. I got this great idea to do a little troll hunting. You know how those wee hours ideas seem so GOOD? Yeah. So I have two runes that lead to my old troll hunting grounds. It seemed to me that I remembered that one of them was in a real safe spot you could gate in and out of without getting killed. I selected that rune and opened a gate. Musta been the other rune. I was intantly gang-tackled by everything that is huge and grey and is NOT an ordinary troll. I spent a moment taking it all in. You don't see that every day. It's been seven years since I've seen anyone massacred like that. Then it occurred to me that I was the massacreeee and that I did not particularly WANT to be massacreed. So I dove back into the gate, with all of the Grand Poobah High Muckety-Muck Trolls on my tail. I figure I violated about 20 city ordances and six rules of shard courtesy by opening that gate to hell in the middle of Britain. Not bad for my first night back. Oh, did I mention I died? I died completely.
Xanola immediately messaged me to find out where I was.
"Huh? How'd you get killed, then."
Now, Xanola seems like a nice fellow and I wouldn't want to confuse him about the old heroes of WOD, you know.
"I got hit by a runaway Trollie" I said. Only maybe I mumbled a little so it sounded like "trolley". I think he bought it.

Homer Oldham

Sei Ryu
Admirable
Admirable

Re: from Homer: Mixed emotions at passing

Post by Sei Ryu » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:32 am

*looks at Homer*

My name is Walja, not Watja. That trip to Hythloth was thrilling, we went to rescue Thomas Duklain. Nia Atei joined us in the rescue shortly after we arrived. Once we got to Thomas' body and resurrected him, a bewitched war hammer and black wisp appeared, attacking you, and while you were defending from the hammer, the black wisp hit you really hard with its magic. It also took out Nia's dwagon. After battling it fiercely, we finally took it down and resurrected you and the dwagon.

And I think your tower is called Fellowship Hall, not Fellowship House.

- Walja Kharada
Gradilla Dragon
-=={UDIC}==-
Chars: Sighard Kharada, Taliaali Kharada, Walja Kharada, Zebey Kharada, Sarinder Kharada, Maedhros Kharada

chuxton
Admirable
Admirable

Re: from Homer: Mixed emotions at passing

Post by chuxton » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am

Yes, yes I knew all of that, Waldo. Thanks for filling in the trivial and uninteresting, but I'm sure quite accurate details. I used to write those things down so I wouldn't forget, but last night I left my pen at Brotherhood Hall. By the way, if you want us old guys to get your name right, you've got to print your name tag more neatly. I tell you, the Ophidian Queen had no doubt who it is was who got HER.

Homer