taming peacing and deeds I need to know

Discussion about the WoD
Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

taming peacing and deeds I need to know

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 am

Taming skill is your chance to tame.However creature can get mad and can not tame until it calms down. I know this is where animal lore comes in normally to keep creature from getting angry.
Was wondering if peacemake on here could take the place of animal lore. Thinking that keeping it calm long enough to get a taming event in.
Does prim. Taming/Animal lore vs prim Taming/peace be close to the same or not.
Also with a pet deed is taming required amount lowered,if so by how much.
If a tamer with too low of taming to control a creature with a deed, will the deed not work or will deed pop creature and since your taming is too low it will turn on you or bystanders.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Agata
Developer

Re: taming peacing and deeds I need to know

Post by Agata » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 am

No, when you attempt to tame, there is an animal lore check, and if you fail it, then there are two possibilities:

If the creature is NOT "badass", it's ok, the taming attempt continues even while the creature is attacking you.

If the creature IS "badass", there is a 95% chance it will get angry and the taming attempt will fail automatically and immediately. No matter if you use Peacemaking to calm it afterwards, if you don't have Animal Lore, there is a 95% chance you will anger it again and and immediately fail the taming attempt.
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:38 am

As for pet deeds, no, they don't lower the taming required.

If your taming is too low, the stable master will refuse to hand the pet to you and will return your deed.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 am

Once you have a pet deed and have the proper taming skill will animal lore have any checks for keeping pet under control.Thinking someone else could tame or secondary character could do the taming.
Is it even possible to keep peace taming over and over with 60 animal lore and not get you angered the creature. If said character prim taming and peace to mobs that can be tamed with high taming. Or is said creatures auto fail animal lore check.
Kranisar Loranah/ Master fisherman Please come and join me on my boat, "for a three hour tour"OooOoo
tinker,alchemist,locksmith,miner,fisherman,woodworker, and inscriptionist masters all available.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:22 am

I thought there was a lower taming requirement for deeds. Guess i was wrong about that.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 am

The Animal Lore check is against the same difficulty as the taming attempt. So if the taming difficulty is over 80, you automatically fail the animal lore check, so it's guaranteed you have a 95% chance of angering it.

Once tamed, Animal Lore is not used for controlling.

Kranisar Loranah
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Kranisar Loranah » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Is there a taming creature list for 100 plus taming?
I did check with 108 taming with a greater dragon deed for fun and I was given control of it. I though that on old manual that it needed 119 skill for greater or have taming values changed for new monsters from Tokuno and other values been slid down.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:07 pm

The table you mention with 119 for the Great Dragon refers that you require 119 to have 50% chance to tame it. The difficulty is always a 40 point range, so for 100% success you require 139, and to have a 2.5% chance (the minimum chance possible) you require 100. As long as you are at 100 or above, you should be able to control it.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Ahh that must have been what I was confused about with the deeds letting you take out a pet of a higher level.

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Anyone know the skill requirements for fire beetles?