Then and Now

Discussion about the WoD
ShadowStone
Prominent
Prominent

Then and Now

Post by ShadowStone » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 pm

I think it would be interesting to start a topic on what you were doing with your life back when WoD shut its doors and what you are doing now.

Then: I was a junior or senior in college, majoring in Civil Engineering, living in the dorms.

Now: I'm a licensed (professional) civil engineer and I work for a private consulting firm. Bought myself a condo about 4 years ago near Madison, WI and I have a great girlfriend who's about to move in with me next week.

~SS

Laephis
Administrator

Re: Then and Now

Post by Laephis » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Great idea for a thread.

Then: In 2004 I was starting a new job, living in the Chicago suburbs, and taking life pretty seriously.

Now: I'm still at that same job, still living in the Chicago suburbs, but I like to think I've mellowed out a bit. 8-)

Other changes: I have two great kids, age 4 and 6, I've been working on improving my French, and I started running two years ago.

Nia
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Nia » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 am

Then I was newly married and worked for a firm that leased office space.
Now I am separated from my hopefully soon to be EX and doing private duty healthcare until I figure out what I really WANT to do with the rest of my life.

Xanola
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Xanola » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 pm

I was a school kid in Missouri, now I'm a high school grad Navy Veteran in Virginia

Ehran
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Ehran » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 pm

well was getting over a nasty car accident and working in the family business (sort of).

now i am running the business and considering retiring to free up more time for online gaming. took up anarchy online which didn't last and eve online which has. also dabble in lord of the rings some.

aside from being more crochety than i was then i'm pretty much the same permanoob i always am.

Zoram
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Zoram » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Wow, let's see. When I first started on WoD, I belive it was back in 2001-ish, I had recently gotten married and was loving it. :D
Now, 10 years later I'm still married, have 2 spawn, playing WoW, Tibia, and hopefully WoD!

In between there I hosted, helped code (a little) Helped with map building, and worked as an admin & GM on Sorcerors Quest. I've got an awesome job, that I've been at for 5 years, and I'll be leveling up another year on Saturday! :)
Just because you grow older, doesn't mean you have to grow up ~ Bill
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1, except for maybe ::1

Skeeter54
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Skeeter54 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:16 am

The biggest thing that has happened to me since WoD's closed was college. I have five classes left until I will earn a Bachelor's in Business Administration. I am currently considering continuing my education and specializing in Marketing, but there's still time for a decision on that. I have missed WoD's and it's good to see some of the old names back again, Hiya Nia!!!!. It is good to see that someone has brought WoD back to life.

Nia
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Nia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 am

Hey Skeeter! Great to see you!!!! :)

Aimee Duklain
Notable
Notable

Post by Aimee Duklain » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Then: I was barely in middle school and started playing my first online game (with my family)
Now: Starting college and getting accustomed to being an 'adult'

It's nice to see people coming back : )

Ehran
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Ehran » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:36 pm

adulthood is greatly overrated. has some nice points but all in all not a great thing really :P