Humans

Discussion about the WoD
Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Humans

Post by Chala » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:46 pm

So it just dawned on me, so elves get a +50 mana bonus, Gargoyles get berserk and speed bonus, what do humans get?

Azarion
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Humans

Post by Azarion » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 pm

I was under the impression elves only received a 20 mana bonus. Humans get improved HP recovery and a chance to obtain extra log/ore when gathering. That's about it since the extra weight capacity doesn't really matter. Gargs get like 15% extra damage per 20% of their health lost and 3% extra magical If I'm not mistaken.

Agata
Developer

Post by Agata » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Humans:
Faster HP regeneration
+100 carrying capacity
Guaranteed to get 1 or more extra units of ore, logs, hides and some other resources on each "check".

Elves:
+50 Mana
Nightsight
Higher chance of getting colored ore and colored logs

Gargoyles:
Berserk
Flying

So, you don't find the human race "competitive" enough as it is? What would make the human a "competitive" choice against the elves and gargoyles?
Maybe implement a modified version of "Jack of All Trades"? That could be a skill cap increase for all non-spec'd skills. Maybe to 65 or 70... any other ideas?
I'm familiar with the acacia. I know how immortality is achieved.

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Hmm maybe increase their weight thing a bit, or I'm not sure if luck works here but if it does maybe get rid of the weight thing and add a small ammount (not sure how strong luck is) of bonus luck to the race, I mean because in reality humans kinda generally survive a lot of things due to sheer dumb luck lol. The jack of trades would be cool too just not sure how handy it would come in, I haven't played with 60 crafting to much to see what the difference would be between 60 and 70 (max of 90 with buffs).

Azarion
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Azarion » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 am

I really like that Idea for Jack of All Trades Agata. I'd agree as it stands now they seem a bit lack-luster. 50 mana and the extra damage are far more valuable in combat at the moment.

Wolfsong
Reputable
Reputable

Post by Wolfsong » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:20 am

increased stam and mana regen as well, like a focus bonus.