Applications

Discussion about the WoD
zarniwoop
Notable
Notable

Applications

Post by zarniwoop » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi, I'm a new hopeful player referred here by a friend that was a long-time player.

I've submitted an application with no response for several days.

I came across a couple threads from 2012 saying that I actually needed to PM my application instead to someone. Is that still the case or do I just need to be more patient?

I'd be happy to update my application and I can wait as long as needed if the membership is just still considering.

Thanks, and hope to join you in the future!

Zarni

Edit: After reading the post below mine, I will PM Agata also just in case =D

vimmons
Reputable
Reputable

Re: Applications

Post by vimmons » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:22 am

I agree. I think its kinda hard to gather players that way. I know that the policy is to have the "correct" players to avoid trouble in a close future.
But I think thats system somehow discourage players to come.

My vote is to a "fast" application system.

Zarniwoop, I hope to meet you soon ingame ! :)
Shaka Do'Urden <-- 1st Do'Urden
Aeron Do'Urden
Nalfien Do'Urden

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:34 pm

I personally like the current system, if a player dosnt have a day or two to submit an application to a free game how long would he really stick around? I prefer quality to quantity.

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm

If it discourages new players they were not that interested in the first place. Our home has been thus since the days of it's creation, it takes a little longer to get in but is well worth the security of knowing you were accepted to a great shard, not just a generic meat grinder where no one cares.

vimmons
Reputable
Reputable

Post by vimmons » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:09 pm

You guys are against just because you already have your account and characters running well !

However I'm really trying to bring back my old friends who liked to play UO and they are complaining about the time it takes have an account.

And ahh, I'm considering not to have "junkies" playing amoung us.

The idea here is just to notify what "future players" think about it.
Aeron Do'Urden
Nalfien Do'Urden

vimmons
Reputable
Reputable

Post by vimmons » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:01 pm

If at least we they have a way to check their "application status" it would be great !
Aeron Do'Urden
Nalfien Do'Urden

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I am not all for it just because I have a well set up account, do you think i just magically popped on here and had an account and set everything up? As we have mentioned before the wait used to be MUCH longer to get on here, i was originally waiting over a week to get my account. As far as an application status I don't know what to tell you there, but this is the way things have always been and how i would prefer WoD to stay, this is by far not the only shard that requires application, all the good shards worth playing do have an application process and when it comes to discouraging people i think that is really the point, we don't want players that want to pop on and wreak havoc for a day or two and leave. And those types of players don't want to wait around for a application, so yes it is a deterrent in its own way. Please don't start pointing fingers and acting childish because you have to wait for something you want, you are getting a free game without having to contribute anything, i would say its well worth the wait.

vimmons
Reputable
Reputable

Post by vimmons » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Here we go !

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm just telling what I think about a proccess, and that doesn't mean that what I think is correct or not correct.
And before you think I'm a new one, my account might be far old like yours ... however thats not the point.

Just because its a free game and I do not need to contribute, it doesn't mean that I'm not contributing. I'm really working hard on bring my good old friends to play such a obsolete graphic MMO. I think that you know how hard is to bring people to play UO in a "new" shard for them (I mean starting from zero).

Now I'm asking you. Please don't start judging people calling them "childish" without a GOOD reason. If you don't know what to tell as you said, keep your words by yourself, it would be better for everyone !

The primary idea of the post was to show something that was disturbing more than one player not just to complaint.

Well, I came with a suggestion how to make it a little better. However I think its going too far and for now I'm just forgetting about.

So, nevermind !
Aeron Do'Urden
Nalfien Do'Urden

Chala
Commendable
Commendable

Post by Chala » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 pm

I have good reason to use the word childish, i have had to hear complaining about this from just this one group since they started, no one else (that i know of) has ever complained about this system. This is a part of the shards uniqueness. And your right, I should not say childish because when a child does not get their way they dont go on and on about it forever, they usually forget in a day or so, I apologize for the misuse of the word. Now i understand you made a suggestion, and you got feedback on it, that is the point of a forum, if you didn't want feedback please pm a suggestion directly to a gm in the future.

Azzo_Ranar
Admirable
Admirable

Post by Azzo_Ranar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Allow me to chime in here with a bit of Old Shard mentality, this has been my home shard for a very long time...longer than anyone still playing.. It took me 2 weeks to get accepted, and no offense but while your argument has merit that just isn't the way we do things. Your mention of obsolete graphics is both valid and invalid at the same time, if it is so obsolete why are you applying? lol The shard is here, it runs OUR way, we want you to be part of it and contribute to it and take from it the experience that we have cherished over the years. Ours is a family, not just a shard of a bunch of different people running amok. In a sense we are adopting new players, not just giving you a free play arena to do as you wish, there are plenty of free servers out there, if this one is not for you with my blessings and thanks for looking into us you should feel free to look elsewhere. This is not a "get out" or "shut up newb" response, I am, simply doing my best to give you a feel of what you are getting into. As you pointed out, this is the point of a forum and I am responding to the thread, not trying to bully anyone lol and for those who know me once I get wound up as a necromancer I tend to simply kill what irritates me.... I am an Azzo and I know it.