From The World of Dreams Manual
- Please try to type sentences, to include capitals and punctuation marks. This is not English class, but typing incomplete and bad sentences indicates ignorance and/or laziness.
- Along the same lines, please do not use more than one question mark at the end of a question. One question mark is sufficient. It is like shouting at someone. Also, when you type in all caps it is like you are shouting. Same goes for exclamation points.
- Please do not jump into people's gates without their permission. You do not know where they go to, and could get yourself killed. It is rude also, as sometimes the gate will go to people's houses. This is not appreciated.
- Do not go into a stranger's house and start rummaging through their things. It is rude. You know that stealing on this shard will get you banned. It is rude to rummage through anyone's things even if you are friends. Unless you have their permission do not do this.
- Do not release people's pets from their corrals. Some people have locks and some people don't. It is common consideration to leave other people's property alone. Do not kill or tame other people's pets.
- Please do not harvest other people's crops without their permission. It takes a full day to respawn, and when they log in they will expect to be able to harvest a full spawn.
- When you have a vendor, please try not to crowd one area. If you have other vendors near your own, check what they have and what they are pricing things at. You do not want to undercut your neighbor, lest they get mad at you.
- Nudity. No, this is not cute nor is it funny. Running around town nude reminds me of all the jerks I left behind on OSI shards. It is not for WoD.
- Evil Characters. We do not need any more evil characters than we already have. We have monsters galore who have intelligence. There is the Evil Lord Gizash (or is he still evil?). We are here to help one another in a common goal to rid the lands of the evils within.
- Looting. This is a big one. Please do not loot someone else's kill without their permission. The group should decide before the hunt how they want to do this.
Here is one solution: If you are in a group you can decide who has "loot duty". The one with loot duty should be the only one to loot, and then at the end of the excursion, divy up the goods. This should make sense. If you have an archer in the group, give them the arrows. In general, talk about who wants what and who splits what as far as the loot goes. The rest you can sell off, and then whatever gold there is should be split evenly.
- If you come across someone who is trying to kill something, first thing is to check their heath. If it appears to be an emergency situation, heal them. Then ask them if they would like some help killing the monster. Sometimes people do not want outside help, they would like to have the honors of killing it themselves. Last hit does not mean you get the loot.
- (Bilbad) If you have read that a newbie quest or a hunt is going to take place at a certain time or place, please do not go in there and slaughter everything 10 minutes beforehand. Give them a chance to have some fun. There are plenty of places to hunt.
- (Bilbad) Treat others with the same kindness and respect that you expect from others.
- (Big Ed) First, this is not UO. This is a very important concept you have to keep in mind at all times and the quicker you stop expecting it to be UO, the happier you will be.
- (Big Ed) Playing on WoD is a priviledge. The people who run this shard and support it do so out of their desire to play a great game with their friends in a jerk free environment. They do it out of the goodness of their hearts, not to make a buck. All they expect in return is for you to respect the rules and the other players and take care of yourself as much as possible. Motor paging them to make you a fence or to speed up your friend's application is not considered respectful. Everytime you enter a help page, remember that it is not some paid GM who responds but that miner standing next to you who has to stop mining to dig your sword out from under the house or get your horse out of the tree. Be considerate of their time, give them a decent amount of information in the page and be patient.
- Help button. Please read this section on the intro page.
- (Antimony)Please do not kill players' offline NPCs. Although it does not actually harm that player's character, that player chose to create an NPC an a greeting message, and destroying that NPC would be rude.
- (Antimony)Also in the interest of courtesy to those player's who are online, please do not log out in a crowded public place, such as near the bank if you choose to leave an NPC behind. Your NPC could easily wander into the bank or it's vicinity and create a traffic jam. Because your offline NPC will also speak when it detects speech in its vicinity, it could create endless spam if it wanders into a crowded public area where players are conversing.